Mackie Cr3 2021 Multimedia Monitors Review
Mackie CR3 speakers are 3-inch monitor speakers that deliver sound of studio quality. Mackie CR3 speakers have a peak power output of 50 watts and a frequency response of 80Hz to 20kHz, as well as having a 3" woofer and a 0.75" silk dome tweeter. Audio sources can be linked via 1/4", 1/8", and RCA inputs to the Mackie CR3 speakers.
In his home state of Washington, back in 1988, Greg Mackie formed Mackie. He decided to create a business that provided competitive prices for quality audio equipment. The fact that Mackie has evolved into one of the world's most successful producers of audio equipment over the last 30+ years is evidence that Greg Mackie accomplished what he set out to do.
The 3-inch polypropylene coated woofer and 0.75-inch silk tweeter you find in the pair of monitor speakers are the reason for the excellent sound quality. The tweeters were ferrofluid-cooled. By using these speakers, this removes distortion.
More than just the drivers built into each speaker, the excellent sound quality is down to more. It is all down to where the drivers are housed in the MDF cabinets. The fact that these cabinets are made entirely of wood puts them in the same price range, and would also have a low-grade plastic construction, at odds with many other multimedia monitors.
The advantage of an all-wood structure is that it gives you a sonic character that is more normal. There is an explanation why a wooden enclosure rather than a plastic one is used in professional studio monitors, and that reason is sound quality. And Mackie has done all it can with a frequency range of 80Hz to 20kHz to ensure that nothing gets in the way of the excellent sound quality provided by the Mackie CR3s.
Just one of the outstanding features that the Mackie CR3 multimedia monitors have is the impeccable sound quality. With a front-facing headphone port, as well as a volume changing knob on the front of the speakers, they also offer simple usability, so that you can easily lower or raise the volume from the comfort of your chair. Connectivity is just like a breeze. 1/4", 1/8", and RCA inputs can be recognised by the Mackie CR3 multimedia displays, which means that all audio devices are compatible with them.
There are a few nifty features on the Mackie CR3s that are very impressive. For instance, since there is a speaker location switch that allows you to do this it is possible to determine which of the two studio monitors will feature the adjustable volume knob.
To summarise, thanks to high-grade, professional components, such as 3-inch polypropylene coated woofers and 0.75-inch silk tweeters, as well as all-wood enclosures, the Mackie CR3 multimedia monitors deliver studio sound quality. They are also very moderately priced, which means they deliver great cash value. You know you're investing in a product made by a really trustworthy company, popular for the durability of its goods, as you are Mackie speakers.
- The greatest pro of the Mackie CR3 multimedia monitors is + Studio sound quality. It is suitable for use in a home studio or editing suite, as the sound, which is what monitor speakers need to deliver, is precise, balanced, and natural.
- + Since they're just 8.2-inch by 5.5-inch by 6.2-inch, they're not going to take up a lot of room on your desk.
- + They provide comprehensive compatibility, allowing you to input 1/4", 1/8" and RCA devices, ensuring that with these multimedia displays, you can use almost all audio devices.
- + The highest value for money is the greatest pro of the Mackie CR3s. The majority of similarly priced display speakers, which can not compete with the studio-quality sound and professional-grade components of the CR3, far outperform them.
- - They don't deliver a massive amount of peak power output at just 50-watts. Then again they are not constructed for strength but for precision, which is what they offer.
Why We Like It
Mackie CR3 multimedia monitors are affordably priced, deliver studio-quality sound, are made of premium-grade materials, and provide a significant amount of connectivity, making them a solid budget investment for a home studio producer.